Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Journey

Hi, my name is Lindy. I'm a 36 yr old deaf single mom to one son who's 5 yrs old. I'm 5 feet and 5 inches tall (I shrunk!) I weigh, at moment, 340. I am considered as morbidly obese. According to the BMI calculator on http://www.bmi-calculator.net, I have a BMI of 56.57.

I am starting on a new journey soon even tho I've been on a journey for so many years. But Friday is the day that I start my new healthy life. I'm talking about not focusing on getting thin but focusing on getting healthy and lose weight in the process. I WANT a life where I'm not morbidly obese. I WANT a life where I can be active with my son. I WANT a life where I can walk up to the bus stop without huffy and puffy. I WANT a life where I can take my son anywhere and be able to do the things with him that my parents have to do with him just cuz I'm too heavy.

I don't know where this life will take me to. All I can do is do my best cuz I'm willing to do this change NOW. Am I scared? Yes, of course, I am but also excited cuz I WANT to change. I NEED to do this cuz I want to be there for my son and BE ALIVE.

So, come and join me on this journey to a new me. To becoming a former fat mama.

Even tho right now my main goal is to be 250 lbs (that'll change when the time comes), I'll be doing mini-goals for now and that goal is to weigh 325 lbs. I would LOVE to be down to 325 lbs by the end of the year and it's ok if I don't, at least I'll be close to it. *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment